1. Transportation to and from Youth Group events shall be provided by parents/guardians. Parents/guardians are responsible for making sure their youth arrives on time for events and is picked up promptly at the scheduled end time.
2. Youth who provide their own transportation to and from Youth Group events must do so with explicit parental permission which is communicated to staff members overseeing the event. Youth the age of 18 or over may provide their own transportation but are not authorized to provide transportation for other members of the youth group under the age of 18 without written permission from that youth’s parents/guardians.
3. Carpooling from the church to off-site events shall be provided only by staff members, parents/guardians, or the church’s adult youth advisors who have been approved to provide such transportation. Youth the age of 18 or over may provide their own transportation but are not authorized to provide transportation for youth under the age of 18.
4. No single youth and single adult (other than that youth’s parent) are to be alone in a vehicle at any time during carpooling to and from off-site Youth Group events. A single adult may transport 2 or more youth in a vehicle as long as they are traveling with other vehicles going directly to and from the same off-site event. A single authorized adult (parent/guardian, staff member or youth advisor) may transport 2 or more youth in a vehicle with explicit written permission from each youth’s parents/guardians.
5. Parents/guardians/youth the age of 18 or over are to notify church staff and other adults working with the Youth Group of any special considerations involving transportation well in advance of a scheduled event.
6. There shall be no talking on the cell phone, reading or texting while driving.
7. Chaperones will carry emergency contact information for children in their care.
8. The car must be in good working order with seatbelts for each person. The driver must have a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
~ Approved by the Board of Trustees, December 8, 2014.
~ Revised and approved by the Board of Trustees, May 15, 2015.