Church groups are encouraged to consider the need for childcare when planning events at the church, such as committee meeting, church-sponsored group functions, fundraisers, etc. If participation by adults with children is desired, then childcare should be offered.
1. The event coordinator requesting childcare providers should submit their request to the church administrator by email or by phone (513-231-8634) no less than one week in advance of the event. You can email the Church Administrator at:
The following information should be included:
• The name of the group requesting childcare.
• The date and time when care is needed. Please estimate the actual time when the caregivers will be able to leave. Allow sufficient time for all children to be picked up following the end of the event and for the room to be straightened up.
• Name and contact information of the event coordinator (email/phone number).
• Name and cell phone number of person who will be in charge on-site during the event/meeting, if different from above.
• The number and age of children expected.
2. The church administrator will be responsible for arranging all child care, procuring both a primary and assistant care giver and communicating pertinent information to both the event coordinator and to each of the care givers.
3. When a regular care giver is unavailable for an event, the church administrator will refer to the list of approved caregivers, calling until one is secured. This information should then be passed on to the event coordinator.
4. If child care cannot be arranged, the event coordinator should be notified at least 48 hours in advance of the event, who will then notify the participants. This should allow the participants a reasonable chance of making other child care arrangements on their own.
5. If a care giver (either primary or assistant) must cancel within 48 hours of an event, they must contact the event coordinator directly. Likewise, if it is discovered that care givers are not needed (when already prearranged for an event), the event coordinator must contact the care givers directly. This notice should be given to the care givers no later than 3:00 on the day of the event or by the evening prior for a morning event.
6. In the event that care givers are present, yet no children come, they should each be paid for one hour and allowed to leave after 30 minutes.
7. All childcare provided will be on HUUC grounds.
~ Approved by the Board of Trustees, December 8, 2014.
~ Revised and approved by the Board of Trustees, March 9, 2015.