A brand-new program has been released by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) to help families talk to their children about sex and sexuality! Designed as a small group ministry program, each 90-minute session invites participants into learning, reflection, sharing and skill building.
The program begins with two meetings covering basic information about communication, then continues with topics chosen by the participants. Initial meetings will be scheduled in February and/or March arranged to fit the schedules of as many interested people as possible.
- (mandatory) Hopes and Concerns for Kids’ Sexual Health
- (mandatory) Communication: How Do We Talk about Sex?
- Gender Identity: Exploring Emotions around Gender
- Sexual Orientation: Supporting Self-Discovery
- Relationships: Guiding with Wisdom
- Sexual Health: Be a Trusted Source
- Decision Making: Ready, Set, Let Go!
- Consent: Building Healthy Boundaries
- Social Media: Integrity in a Changing World
- Pornography: It’s Not Sex Ed
Email or talk to Rev. Leslie soon for more information and to sign up for the initial meetings. You can reach her at: