Tuesday, April 18, at 7:00 p.m., and/or Saturday, April 29, at 10:00 a.m. Registration required.
Greater Anderson Promotes Peace (GAPP) and Anderson Churches for Racial Unity (ACRU) continue their exploration of homelessness, displacement and gentrification with The Greater Cincinnati Coalition for the Homeless on two tours of Over-the-Rhine, led by Dr. Mark Mussman.
(Choose one or both options)
Virtual Over-the-Rhine People’s Movement Tour
Tuesday, April 18, 7:00 p.m. via Zoom
Register at https://virtualOTRtour.eventbrite.com
In-person Over-the-Rhine People’s Movement Walking Tour
Saturday, April 29, 10:00 a.m. to noon
(with Melissa Mosby)
Register at https://in-personOTRtour.eventbrite.com
Both tours will cover Cincinnati history, including Native American, colonial, and immigration history, and the influence of racism on housing. Both tours include:
- an introduction to the Over-the-Rhine People’s Movement,
- visiting places and hearing stories about how people have come together to ensure residents can stay in the neighborhood,
- learning about Hostile Design,
- learning about the impact of lost public space, and
- understanding of direct and indirect gentrification seen through real-life examples, including the West End.
Registration is required for each tour. See the links above.
For more information, visit the Tours page of Cincinnati Coalition for the Homeless. You can also visit the GAPP page on this event.