Our current RE teaching teams will end their commitment in January. You know what that means — recruiting season commences NOW! Volunteer to teach in our Religious Exploration program and meet some of the coolest kids on the planet. (No, I’m not biased!) Talk to Rev. Leslie after church or click on this Sign Up Genius link: https://tinyurl.com/w3vlyxu
Hesitant to volunteer in because of our newer Soul Matters programming? After working with Soul Matters for the past four months, our regular volunteers have come to enjoy the structure and continuity that monthly themes bring to RE. If you are interested in teaching or assisting but want to know more before committing, join Rev. Leslie in the Heritage Room after the service on January 12 for a Soul Matters curriculum overview.
Ready to jump in? Rev. Leslie will hold teacher/assistant teacher training after services on Sunday, January 26th for both new and veteran teachers.
Want to help with our RE program but don’t have the energy to teach? There are many RE tasks that could be done by a volunteer — here’s a short list of tasks for early 2020:
- Alphabetize and organize the RE library books.
- Clean out the toys and materials in the preschool room and/or nursery.
- Help collect RE family information for the HUUC database.
- Assist the youth in repainting the youth room.
- Frame several posters to hang in the RE classrooms.
- Weed out and recycle outdated RE curriculum.
- Plan a winter/early spring all-ages social event.
It’s going to be a wonderful time in RE this winter. Won’t you join us?