Statement of purpose
The purpose of the Heritage UU Church Membership committee is to promote and maintain membership in the church. The committee:
- Serves as a forum for considering and discussing issues of membership. Works with the congregation and professional staff to attract, assimilate and retain new members.
- Works with the minister to retain current members.
- Works with the staff to keep accurate membership records.
Expectations of membership committee and committee members
- The Membership committee will consist of no more than 7 members plus the minister (ex officio) and Board Liaison (ex officio). (Total of nine if all are present.)
- Members are asked to serve for a minimum of one year.
- So that committee seats can be open to all interested volunteers, members are asked to make room for new members after a maximum of 3 years on the committee. After being off of the membership committee for one year, an individual may rejoin the committee.
- Members are expected to attend at least 9 meetings in any 12 month period.
- Because the Membership committee often deals with sensitive issues, members are expected to keep discussion confidential, especially when they concern individuals.
- The Chair of the committee is elected by the committee to serve a 1 year term. The person may be elected to serve a second one year term for a maximum of 2 years total.
- Committee membership is open to all interested HUUC members. Membership on the committee does not need to be approved by the minister.
- Committee members must be HUUC members in good standing
~ February 11, 2009. Revised February 12, 2009, and March 11, 2009.