This and all policies regarding meetings in the church building will be periodically reviewed and potentially updated by the Board of Trustees.
The following applies to HUUC-affiliated gatherings regardless of location.
Masks are required whenever two or more persons are together indoors. For guidance, different spaces in the building have different meeting number limits. All meetings should be masked and appropriately socially distanced. We strongly recommend using KN95 masks to be effective against the current Omicron strain.
- Large gatherings, including in-person service, are currently restricted to avoid transmission given current rates.
- In medium rooms such as the Heritage Room, up to 12 people may gather with the above limitations.
- In small rooms such as the church classrooms and kitchen, 6 people may gather with the above limitations.
Any meetings should:
- Be held in the largest room/area possible. Room choice and assignment will depend on anticipated attendance and social distancing.
- Include an option for a video connection for those who do not feel comfortable, or cannot, attend the meeting.
- Have hand sanitizer and masks available.
Group singing with masks is allowed indoors for any gathering adhering to the outlined requirements. Choir members are still expected to use the special choral singing masks that they have been given for rehearsals and performances.
HEPA air circulators located in the sanctuary and Great Hall should be turned on to increase airflow and ventilation for all meetings and should be operating in any meeting rooms.
To provide additional protection, HUUC requires COVID vaccination for all employees.
Any persons exhibiting fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19 should avoid any in-person meetings of any size. For their safety, we recommend unvaccinated individuals to avoid large indoor in-person gatherings and take advantage of remote options.
3rd-Party Use of HUUC Facilities (e.g. rentals) will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Board with aligned expectations on personal safety that may not necessarily conform to the above policy designed for our HUUC community.
Posted 5/26/2020. Last revised by the Board of Trustees on 1/10/2022.