- To oversee and manage Church finances, including saving and investment accounts.
- To make budget projections both for the current year and specific years in the future.
- To issue quarterly and end of year financial reports
- To work closely with the trustees of the board and the minister in looking at current and long term financial issues.
- To assist other committees, if called upon, with their financial problems and projections.
The finance committee will consist of no more than 7 members including the minister (ex.officio) and the board liaison (ex.officio). One of the members shall be the church treasurer.
Selection of members
Members of HUUC are eligible for membership on the finance committee. New members are subject to approval of the committee. Selection is in part determined by their interest and expertise in finance.
The chair is chosen by the committee.
Members are asked to serve for a minimum of one year. Committee terms may end at the end of three years in order to promote fresh new ideas. If no new eligible members apply terms may be extended on an annual basis.
- Help educate the congregation regarding the financial information available.
- Facilitate communications between the congregation and the finance committee.
- Monitor on a regular basis the direction of financial trends within the church.
- Communicate the financial condition of the church, on a regular basis, to the Board of Trustees and the minister.
~ February 2010