This gathering is no longer meeting.
Creating Community (formerly Stitchers) is a community of crafters (and crafter wannabes) who gather to knit, crochet, sew, etc., or just hang out and get to know each other in a relaxed setting. The gathering occurs on Thursday afternoons between 1 and 2 p.m., and currently takes place by way of a Zoom meeting. Check the Heritage UU Church homepage for a Zoom link to the meeting.
We craft to connect with our loved ones who taught us and also to connect with one another. Crafting is slow and not necessarily economical, but it is full of love and thought and care. It takes a crafter to really understand what goes into creating something for someone. Creating something is an act of love, just about the most loving thing you can do. It takes time and precision and commitment.
This is also an opportunity to provide outreach from HUUC to the wider community. The following are a few of the opportunities to provide lovingly created items to people in need:
- Caps and blankets for newborns
- Lap blankets and slippers for residents in shelters or nursing homes
- Project Linus providing blankets for children in need
- Caps for Kids (and scarfs and mittens too!)
- Caps and shawls for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
- Warm Up America blankets for the homeless
- Red Scarfs for teenagers leaving foster care at age 18 and entering college or independent living
As you can see from this partial list the needs are many as are the the opportunities to spread the love that is the spirit of our church,
Join us when you are able. Looking forward to seeing you on some Thursday soon.
For additional information contact Lou Kerr at 513-300-9345 or