Heritage Universalist Unitarian Church (HUUC) in Anderson Township, Cincinnati, is looking for a caring, attentive, energetic, and experienced person to provide childcare directly, and/or to organize childcare, primarily working with babies and toddlers. This position is part-time, approximately 10 – 15 (up to 25) hours per month. Shifts are on Sunday mornings, some weekends, afternoons, and evenings.
We are a liberal religious community and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religious beliefs.
- Previous childcare experience in paid or volunteer role
- Satisfactory completion of a full background check
- Available to work most Sunday mornings
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- CPR and first aid training a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and/or provide Sunday morning childcare for infants and toddlers in the church nursery (typically from 10 a.m. to 12 noon).
- Ensure that at least two qualified caregivers are scheduled for Sunday morning and for all events requiring childcare.
- Create a monthly schedule for Sunday morning nursery childcare to be posted in the church office.
- Organize and/or provide childcare for scheduled HUUC Board sponsored events (e.g., the annual Congregational Meeting, Get Acquainted Dinner) & other HUUC events upon request. Childcare during these events may include care for elementary-age children.
- Understand and follow childcare policies and guidelines established by the Board of Trustees as stated in HUUC’s Safety and Security Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Ensure that nursery areas are organized & offer a clean and safe environment for children and families.
- Greet families as they enter the nursery, provide information as needed, and assist with sign-in procedures.
- Implement age-appropriate activities that foster social, emotional, and spiritual growth.
- Interact and play with the children during care, providing gentle redirection if needed.
- Change diapers and assist toddlers with toileting.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, lift, hold, and carry infants and toddlers weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Be familiar with and affirming of Unitarian Universalist values.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all members of the HUUC Community.
- Report problems and concerns to HUUC’s Religious Education professional.
- Participate in yearly evaluation and goal-setting.
How to Apply
Applicants should express initial interest by leaving a message for Rev. Leslie Woodward at (513) 231-8634 or email:
Please leave your full name, telephone number and the best times to reach you.