Feder bequest use of funds: The Board has decided to allocate $78k (the $70,453 remainder of the original bequest, plus some additional funds) as follows:
- $25k: Put towards endowment
- $25k: Held for future church roof replacement (our church roof is nearing the end of its usable life)
- $10k: Renovation of church bathrooms
- $5k: For security team to spend as needed
- $5k: For technology team to spend as needed
- $5k: For DLFD to spend on children’s space/programs
- $3k: Held for sealing church parking lot this spring
Congregation survey on Reimagining Church: As part of our ongoing Reimagining Church process, the Board is working on putting together a congregation-wide survey to help guide our future actions. The Reimagining Church retreat in September generated a wide range of thoughts and ideas, and this survey is part of our effort to focus these thoughts into concrete, actionable items. This survey will hopefully be launched in December and will be open through January.
Music Director search: A search committee has been established for this position. Five members were originally on the committee, but one subsequently left. The four remaining members are Alison Lang-Hickey, Roger Miller, Joann Meyer, and Kate Wells.
Diversity Day: HUUC will host a Diversity Day event on March 4, 2023. There will be two speakers at the event, and it will run from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Rebecca Pace is handing over logistical planning for this event over to DLFD Laci Adams.