The kids are back in school and we’ve had our traditional in-gathering service so it is time for the Babes with Books (Heritage’s woman’s book club) to return to the Heritage room for their monthly meetings. (Thanks go to the Rossas for hosting the August meeting!) On September 18, from 7 to 9 p.m., we discuss An American Marriage by Tayari Jones. This novel about the effects of a wrongful conviction of an African-American couple was a best book selection for 2018 by many sources.
Currently selected future reads for upcoming meeting dates, always subject to change, are as follows:
- October 16: Dear George, Dear Mary, by Mary Calvi.
- November 20: Lilac Girls, by Martha Hall Kelly.
- December 18: A party, no book – movie to be selected.
- January: A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles.
- February: Where the Crawdads Sing, by Delia Owens.
All selections are held for us at the Anderson library the month prior to our meeting, unless otherwise announced. All women congregants and friends are invited to all gatherings, whether or not you have read the selected book.
If you have questions, please talk with Barb Barnes, or email her at: