Hello once again from the 2020 HUUC Physical-Distancing Auction Team! Here is some important information on how to participate!
1. Online purchasing of auction items will begin at 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 17. All purchases are on a first-come, first-serve basis. There will be no traditional bidding on any items. A good idea would be to peruse the auction website before May 17 so you know what you want to buy!
2. In order to purchase through the auction website, you will need a paddle number. This applies to ANYONE who wants to purchase auction items, regardless of whether you have an account on the site, have donated items, or have been assigned paddle numbers in the past. You will need to email John Sandman with your name, email address and the telephone number you’d like to have associated with your auction website account (this will be your user name and password). If you want to purchase auction items, you HAVE to email John Sandman. John Sandman’s email address is:
3. One handy tip to help you during this virtual auction is that you can visit the website before the event begins. Any time between now and 4pm on the 17th, you can go to http://www.togetherauction.com/huuc and browse all the items up for sale. Once you have your paddle number from John Sandman, you can log in and add all of the items you’re interested to your “Favorites” section, so that when the auction goes live they will all be in the same place.
4. There’s still time to upload donations to the auction website. If you have credit card points and can acquire gift cards through your rewards program, please do so. Again, email John Sandman with that information.
5. If participating in the online auction format seems daunting, but you still want to/are able to help the church, think about how much you would have spent at the auction event, between tickets, drinks, bids, etc. Consider donating that directly to the church. Every little bit helps! Send a check to HUUC, 2710 Newtown Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45244-3511 with 2020 Auction in the memo. Or use the PayPal button at www.huuc.net/donate-to-heritage-uu-church/ and specify that the donation is for the 2020 Auction.
We know this setup can seem intimidating but we want to do everything we can between now and when the auction launches to make you as comfortable as possible. Please reach out to John Sandman or anyone else on the committee to help walk you through.
Thanks again for your support!