1. The Heritage Universalist Unitarian Church as a whole, and its Board of Trustees in particular, has ultimate control over the content of the church website, the church newsletter, and official church social media.
2. Content must be intended to further the mission and aims of Heritage Universalist Unitarian Church. Information must concern the organization or activities of:
- Heritage UU Church, or
- Another UU church/organization, or
- A social justice or interfaith organization/event which a Heritage congregant has attended or will attend.
3. Publicly-viewable content must not reflect unfavorably upon Heritage UU Church or Unitarian-Universalism.
4. Content must be used in a way that respects the rights of copyright holders.
5. Content must respect privacy rights. In particular:
a. Recognizable images of a person can be used only if there is a reasonable expectation that the person would not object, such as if the person gives permission to do so or if pictures of the person have been used or published previously. Recognizable images of a minor can be used only with the parent’s or guardian’s permission.
b. Publicly-viewable images of a minor can be associated with the minor’s last name only with the parent’s or guardian’s permission.
c. Any audio or video of the church service must not include the Candles of Community.
6. The webmaster will review the submitted content for adherence to content policy and style guidelines, and reserves the right to revise and edit website contributions using his or her best judgment.