Wednesday, August 16, 6:30 p.m. Offsite.
Was that an enactment of Venus on the Half-Shell or just classy babes on floats at the recent Babes with Books (Heritage’s Women’s Book club) classical July meeting/potluck/pool party? Whichever, thanks so much to Tracy Rossa for hosting this fun event.
The Babes’ August 16 meeting will be at the Buckley Abode (7498 Kingstonview Ct, Cincinnati, OH 45255) to eat, drink, splash and discuss The History of Us by Leah Stewart. Festivities start at 6:30 p.m. Bring your “swimming burka” and a nosh to share. Any questions, contact Donna Buckley at 513-532-0672.
When we return to dry land discussions, our current selections and meeting dates are as follows:
- The End of Life Book Club, by Will Schwalbe, September 20
- The Life We Bury, by Allen Eskens, October 18
- A Memory of Violets, by Hazel Gaynor, November 15
- Holiday party and movie (to be determined), December 20
- The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah, January 17
- Change of Heart, by Jodi Picoult, February 21
The September – February meetings will be held in the Heritage room from 7 – 9 p.m. All Heritage women and friends are invited to all BWB events, whether or not they have read the book or attended previously. If you have questions, talk with Barb Barnes, or email her at BWB@huuc.net.