Summer is coming to a close and the new church year is underway. The Board of Trustees held our beginning-of-the-year retreat the weekend of August 18-19. We did team building Friday night by sharing dinner together and doing a room escape mystery. What a great way to work together and learn each other’s styles in problem solving. Then Saturday we spent concentrated time with some pretty intense brainstorming, lively discussions and coming to consensus on our priorities and goals for the year.
We have a few new projects and a few existing teams that need new energy and attention. If you have an interest in any of these areas, it’s a great opportunity to share your time, talents and energy to work with each other in support our church community. For greater detail on these projects, see the separate Heirloom article on volunteering. Please consider getting involved and feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
- Sabbatical Planning Team for Children and Youth Ministry – Rev. Leslie will take a Sabbatical later next year.
- Communication Technology Team – to explore better platforms to use as an alternative to yahoo groups as our communication tool.
- Building Team – new energy to care for our physical facility.
- Grounds Team – new “green” energy to care for our outside environment.
- Community Events/Fun Raising – brainstorm and coordinate events to strengthen our connections and raise funds.
The Fall Council meeting will be held Sunday, October 8, before church. The Board will share its goals and priorities for the year and each committee/team/working group will present a summary of their work and goals. This meeting is open to everyone and your attendance and participation is always encouraged! Come and experience all the wonderful energy and work that is being accomplished by our community.
Take care and be well!