As summer vacation turns into memory, the Babes with Books (Heritage’s Women’s Book Club) return to their standard, Heritage Room gatherings but not without thanks again to the Buckley’s for hosting the August pool party/potluck/meeting.
The September 20, 7 – 9 p.m. meeting will discuss The End of Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe. According to The Washington Post, “Schwalbe . . . highlights not just how relevant but how integral literature can be to life.”
The Babes’ life continues with the following reads and activities:
- The Life We Bury, by Allen Eskens, October 18.
- A Memory of Violets, by Hazel Gaynor, November 15.
- Holiday party and movie (to be determined), December 20,
- The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah, January 17,
- Change of Heart, by Jodi Picoult, February 21,
All of Heritage’s women, members or friends, are invited to join us no matter whether they have read the book or attended in the past. For more information talk with Barb Barnes, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.