Our recent June heat just means that the Babes With Books (BWB), or Heritage Women’s Book Club, needs our traditional July and August book club meetings/pool parties/potlucks more than ever! The July 19th event will be held at the “Rossa Resort” starting at 6:30 p.m. (or earlier if you want to swim.) Contact Tracy Rossa at 513-624-8880 for directions or ask Barb Barnes. (Be sure to bring your “swimming burkas” and a dish to share.) The book that may or may not be discussed during the gathering is Nine Women One Dress by Jane Rosen.
The August 16th meeting will be at the Buckley Abode to eat, drink, splash, and discuss The History of Us by Leah Stewart.
When we return to dry land discussions, our current selections and meeting dates are as follows:
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe, September 20
- The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens, October 18
- A Memory of Violets by Hazel Gaynor, November 15
- Holiday party and movie (title to be determined), December 20
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, January 17
- Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult, February 21
The September through February meetings will be held in the Heritage room from 7 – 9 p.m. All Heritage women and friends are invited to all BWB event, whether or not they have read the book or ever attended before.